Friday, March 25, 2011

Valentine's Cards

I know it's been a month since Valentine's Day, but I've been so busy studying for my GRE exam (even taking it twice since Valentine's Day). I just wanted to share two cards I made.



A2 size card, the pink and black mats are mulberry paper from $1 section at target (years ago)
The smaller pink mat is from Anna Griffin's line of paper (I can't remember the name, it has animal prints in pink and black).
The font is from Don Juan
The heart is from Valentine's Solutions Cartridge
- added red stickles (it's hard to tell) and rhinestones from Michaels $1 section
-Black satin ribbon (from Michaels).

The second card, is the actual card I gave my hunny this year.
This is the first time we've been apart in 4 years, he just moved to Boston to get his MBA for the next two years, so I had to make a special card.
Whenever we say goodbye to each other, we always say "KISSES".
So when I saw the phrase "KISS ME" in the sweethearts cart, I got a vision in my head.
I wanted it to be simple and elegant (and suitable for a guy)

It's difficult to tell but I layered the couple, but there is a shadow which is more visible in person.
I embossed a pearl paper from Target $1 section, with the D'vine swirls Cuttlebug folder, and stickled the swirls with diamond.
The couple is from Sweethearts Cartridge
The ribbon is actually a black satin ribbon about 2 inches wide, with a red velvet ribbon (1inch) layered on top.

Thanks for dropping by!

Feel free to leave a comment or become a follwer.


2 comments:

  1. The first card is perfect with the swirl heart. I love the bling you added to the swirl embossing on the second!

    I found you through Momo, isn't this nice of her to do this for us. So many wonderful blogs we would have missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet cards!! Momo sent me over and I am now your newest follower. Hope you will stop by and visit me too!
    http://smilin2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...